Hello World ,
Just a few days ago , I celebrated a festival . It’s called …….. Dun dun dun (drum roll) …….. Diwali !!!
So for those of you who don’t exactly know what Diwali is or have heard of it but would like to know more , here is 5 cool facts for you guys :
1) Diwali also called Divali,Deepavali or the “festival of lights”, is a five-day Hindu festival which is one of the most important festivals of the year (for Hindus)and is celebrated in families by doing traditional activities together .
2) Diwali short for Deepavali means “row of lamps” when translated and involves
lighting small clay lamps filled with oil to show the victory of good against evil.
3) The lamps are kept on during the night and the house is cleaned, that is done in order to make the goddess Lakshmi feel welcome.
4) Firecrackers are burst because many believe that it wards off evil spirits.
5) Diwali is celebrated around the world, but particularly in countries with a big population of Hindus and Sikhs .
So this year , I got to get to experience the whole thing , starting from buying the firecrackers and ending with the clean up job 😛
It really was something special and , yes , I did chicken out when it came to the big , loud firecrackers but , I was ok in the end because the main thing is to come close with your family and enjoy 🙂
Now , I guess ,you guys know a little bit more about me …..
And that’s a pretty good thing 🙂
Hope you like the pic collage 😀